Grand Lucayan Island in the Bahamas is stunning all tourists and visitors are taken aback by its tropical beauty. Grand Lucayan Bahamas is the perfect place to immerse yourself in an island atmosphere of sublime white sandy beaches and visit exotic locales that are equal only to what you’ve seen in picturesque postcards.
From the moment you arrive at Grand Lucayan Bahamas you are whisked a way to an island retreat unlike no other and are in for the ultimate experience of your life. You may have many unforgettable options in the Bahamas. But this island is one of a kind. Let’s explore together what this wonderful island in the Bahamas has to offer.
The Must-See Destinations of Grand Lucayan Bahamas
- Port Lucayan Marketplace: It has vibrant colorful views of quaint bars, shops and delicious conch salads sold by little roadside stands. This destination also offers a variety of water excursions. These include diving, scuba lessons, snorkeling and even swimming with dolphins. These can all happen in the beautiful pristine waters of the Grand Lucayan Bahamas.
- Peterson Cay National Park: This national park is unlike anything you have ever seen with natural waterfalls and tropical landscapes both beautiful and breathtaking. As you hike through the park on foot or decide to use an ATV – the experience is both thrilling and exhilarating. While at the Peterson Cay National Park make sure you take an excursion to Grand Lucayan Beach. It is located within the park and is used for the most part by locals. The beach has been described by tourists as a natural paradise. Moreover, it has the benefit that it is not nearly as crowded as the other beaches in Grand Lucayan Bahamas – which makes for a relaxing experience.
- Junkanoo Beach Club: It is perfect as a place to unwind away from your hotel and tourist crowds where you will find everything you need to enjoy your tropical vacation. The Beach Club is has no shortage of tropical excursions – swimming, snorkeling and even kayaking on site. Drinks and foods are available at the Beach Club’s excellent restaurants and bar and allow you to have a well-designed experience in the Grand Lucayan Bahamas.
Other Things to Do in Grand Lucayan Bahamas
- Geneva’s Place is perfect if you’d like to have a great breakfast experience outside of your hotel. This restaurant is popular with the locals and provides traditional delicious breakfast. This is perfectly cooked and delicious in every way. It’s definitely worth a visit.
- Garden of the Groves is a beautiful botanical garden in the Grand Lucayan Bahamas. It allows you to have a peaceful and relaxing walk while the fragrance of tropical flowers fill the air and helps to alleviate all stress.
- Margaritaville Sandbar is not easy to find. However, your hotel likely is aware of the location and can direct you to the exact place. If you are looking for an excellent Margarita or Rum Punch this is the place to go. They have have excellent food and drinks as well as a closing time that is considered flexible since live music begins after 8 pm. Also it’s a great spot to allow yourself an excellent island experience.
Great Places to Stay at Grand Lucayan Bahamas
Grand Lucayan Resort, Grand Bahamas Island
- It is one of the most popular resorts on the island. It has consistent recommendations from many tourists due to its incredible location near all the best tourist locations. It is considered perfect for couples or as a large group of friends. A TripAdvisor visitor commented:
The resort is absolutely beautiful. We had an ocean front room with a balcony and it was very clean and spacious. The infinity pool and hot tub are awesome.
- Pricing: Rooms are around $185 per night but are subject to change per season.
Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort
- Perfect for families, this all inclusive resort is situated on the beach in the Bahamas and is not only beautiful but charming as well.
- The rooms are in a Victorian Style with beautiful balconies overlooking the lush tropical landscape of the resort.
- The resort is fairly large with 254 guest rooms and accommodations perfect for relaxing and letting every trouble you have just fade away.
- Room rates are about $250 per night but vary per season.
- For an extra special treat: you can have an aerial view their accommodation.
Pelican Bay Hotel
- It is a colorful colonial hotel and is considered one of the most charming hotels in the area. The spacious rooms and nearby proximity to the popular tourist spots make it an excellent accommodation.
- The room rate is around $200 per night.
- One particular visitor loved the experience:
This was a return experience and, as before, I was not disappointed. From the front desk staff to the variety of dining and drinking on site, the personnel and accommodations were great. Pelican Bay will continue to receive my business.
How to get to Grand Lucayan Bahamas
Grand Lucayan Bahamas is a well populated International and US Tourist destination. Therefore, going to and from Grand Bahamas Island is as simple as taking a flight from the US or and International location into FPO aka Freeport Airport in the Bahamas. The FPO – Freeport airport is usually located 15 minutes from most hotels.
Once you arrive at the airport, take a taxi directly to your hotel. If you book through a travel agent, they will be able to provide taxi transfers for you.
To Your Vacation
Grand Lucayan Bahamas is best described in one word paradise. It’s complete charm and beauty thrills both the mind and the senses. If a tropical get-away is what you need for a much need break from work or home then consider Grand Lucayan Bahamas as a vacation destination.
Grand Lucayan Bahamas is for many a dream come true. This is due to its tropical pristine beaches, Caribbean flavors and wonderful accommodations. Come and experience Grand Lucayan Bahamas today!